We all need the occasional nudge of inspiration. When you are feeling downtrodden and would like a boost, an inspirational quote can give you the burst of energy you need to make it through your day.
Need a mood boost? The following seven upbeat quotes will lift you out of your funk and help you live life to the fullest.
Upbeat Quotes About Overcoming Adversity
1. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, and how you can still come out of it.” –Maya Angelou
Maya Angelou was a civil rights activist and accomplished writer. Her many works contain inspiring content about overcoming adversity.
2. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” -Alice Walker
Alice Walker is a novelist and social activist. On days you need to reclaim your power to live your life to the fullest, read her work.
Upbeat Quotes About Self-Actualization
3. “Step out of the history that is holding you back. Step into the new story you are willing to create.” -Oprah Winfrey
Anyone who knows Oprah’s story will agree that she is a self-made woman. Sometimes we all need a reminder that we aren’t trapped by our history. The future is ours to create.
Positive upbeat quotes like these can be especially helpful when coping with loss.
4. “We are our own dragons and our own heroes, and we have to rescue ourselves from ourselves.” -Tom Robbins
Tom Robbins is an American author who tells his stories with heavy doses of humor. His writing is jam-packed with upbeat quotes that will inspire you. Whether you need to be inspired or just need to chuckle, Tom Robbins is your guy.
Upbeat Quotes For Empowerment
5. “You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” -A.A. Milne
A.A. Milne is the author of the beloved children’s book “Winnie the Pooh.” Christopher Robin says these words to Pooh. Sometimes the words of a friend are exactly what you need to hear.
If you feel boosted by these words and want to pass them along to a loved one, consider including the second line. “But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart… I’ll always be with you.”
6. “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” -Madeleine Albright
On our darkest days, we may feel tempted to retreat away from the world. Let positive upbeat quotes like this be a reminder to never be afraid to use your voice.
7. “There will come a time that you believe everything is finished. Yet that will be the beginning.” -Louis L’Amour
This short and inspiring quote asks you to see the bright side. Even when you’re discouraged, a new story is just starting.
Live Life to the Fullest
These seven upbeat quotes are intended to help you feel revitalized on even the gloomiest of days. Hopefully, they help you reconnect with your zest for life. Do you need some more inspiration? Click here for more resources on optimism.
Our family-owned funeral homes, Kuzo and Foulk, are here to help the Kennett Square, West Grove, and surrounding PA communities. Whether that’s with preplanning, a death in the family, cremation, a casket, the funeral service, or a funeral director, we’re here for you. Contact us for all of your funeral needs.