Losing a loved one is never easy, but finding healthy ways to cope and honor their memory can help you heal.
One of the best ways you can lift yourself up when you’re grieving is to read words of wisdom from others who have dealt with loss.
Are you in need of some warm, inspiring insight? Keep reading for 5 quotes about losing a loved one that can bring you some comfort.
1. “Those we love and lose are always connected by heartstrings into infinity.” ―Terri Guillemets
One of the sweetest loss of a loved one quotes reminds us that we’re always connected to anyone we’ve ever loved.
No matter how much time passes, this sacred connection can never be broken.
2. “Our brokenness summons light into the deepest crevices in our hearts.” ―Shauna L Hoey
Grief places a weight on our hearts and sometimes it feels like we may break. Instead of worrying about piecing yourself together right away, let the line shine through you to illuminate the darkness. What’s broken can always be rebuilt stronger and more beautiful.
3. “Grieving is an expression of gratitude, and that expression doesn’t have to be rushed.” ―Carolyn Wells
The best lost loved one quotes change our perspective on pain. When we lose someone, it’s easy to focus on negative emotions.
Everyone should give themselves time to process the pain, but learning how to transform it into something beautiful can add so much value to your life. When you accept grief as an expression of gratitude, you can start to feel happiness instead of sadness whenever you think of them.
4. “Those we love never truly leave us, Harry. There are things that death cannot touch.” ―Jack Thorne
Every relationship is a gift because others can teach us so much about ourselves and the world.
All of the memories and lessons you carry are yours to cherish and death can’t erase all of the wonderful times you’ve shared with others.
5. “Remember me with smiles and laughter, for that is how I will remember you all. If you can only remember me with tears, then don’t remember me at all.” ―Laura Ingles Wilder
Your loved one would never want to hurt you or see you sad. Although you should never bottle up your emotions, you may not feel the need to cry as much if you remind yourself how deeply you’re loved.
To love and be loved without boundaries is one of the most magical things in life.
The Pain of Losing a Loved One Will Get More Bearable Over Time
Losing a loved one is tough, but these quotes for lost loved ones can bring you some comfort during times of grief.
Do you live in Southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware, or Maryland and need help planning a funeral service? If so, Kuzo, Foulk and Cleveland Funeral Homes would love to help take care of you and your family.
Read more about us to learn how we can provide the best services to honor your loved one.